The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has announced a public call for applications for grants under the Cyclotourism Development Program on the Continent in 2021. HRK 4.000.000,00 has been provided for the Program in question in the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.
The means are intended for the public sector - units of regional self-government, or the following counties: Bjelovar-Bilogora, Brod-Posavina, Karlovac, Koprivnica-Križevci, Krapina-Zagorje, Lika-Senj, Međimurje, Osijek-Baranja, Požega-Slavonia, Sisak-Moslavina, Varaždin, Virovitica-Podravina, Vukovar and Zagrebačka.
According to the previously prepared Operational Plan for the Development of Cyclotourism in the County (2017-2020), the following is co-financed:
- Preparation of traffic studies for the purpose of tracing and marking cyclotourist routes;
- Production / installation of signalization / info boards along cycling routes, including the EuroVelo route sign;
- Arranging / equipping cycling routes and setting up bicycle repair service stations along cycling routes;
- Preparation of project-technical documentation for upgrading / construction of bicycle paths (including paths for certain types of cycling - enduro, XC, downhill, etc.);
- Development of standards for "bed & bike" accommodation facilities;
- Installation of bicycle movement / traffic counters at border crossings (entry / exit of EuroVelo route), on other international routes of bicycle routes (Sava route, Drava route, Pannonian road of peace route, etc.), in cities on the main bicycle routes, at the main tourist attractions at remote points in rural areas, etc .;
- Arranging cyclotouristic rest areas / lookouts on cycling tourist routes (smart rest areas, canopies, bicycle stands, installation of smart benches, installation of info boards about rest areas and relevant information about the locality / destination, etc.);
- Construction and arrangement of bike parks.
The Ministry co-finances up to 90% of the eligible / eligible costs of implementing an individual project. The minimum amount of the grant is HRK 100.000,00, and the maximum is HRK 400.000,00.
We would like to remind you that in 2017, the Ministry, through the Program in question, co-financed the development of Operational Plans for the Development of Cyclotourism for 14 continental counties. The operational plans provide clear guidelines and priorities for the development of cycling tourism in each county and lay the foundations for the development of cycling tourism on the continent. The program of cyclotourism development on the continent has aroused great interest of all continental counties and each of them has made a big step forward in the development of this form of tourism.
Since the Public Call for Grants under the Continental Cyclotourism Development Program in 2020 was suspended in May last year due to the state of emergency caused by the emergence and spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on limiting the use of state budget funds Of the Republic of Croatia and the financial plans of extra-budgetary users of the State Budget for 2020, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports with this public call intends to complete the implementation of operational plans for the development of county cycling tourism (2017-2020).
The development of cycling tourism plays an important role in the development of continental tourism, which ultimately contributes to a more balanced tourist development of our country, extending the tourist season and positioning Croatia as a destination with a diverse and rich tourist offer.
Also, the Program of the Government of the Republic of Croatia 2020-2024 envisages encouraging the development of all special forms of tourism as well as the further development of continental tourism. The public call is open until March 25, 2021. More information on the conditions, including the necessary forms, is available on the official website of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, under the category Public Calls, where the results of the public call will be published.