The World Responsible Tourism Awards are given to organizations, destinations, events or individuals that contribute in an innovative way to connecting tourists with local communities and cultures.
This year, judges decided to reward companies and destinations that take responsibility by addressing all the sectoral challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Certificates and logos will be awarded for "highly praised" and "praised" achievements, which can be used in print and online, so this is a great opportunity to identify those who are successfully coping with the current circumstances.
Candidate recommendations can be sent until August 3, 2020, by anyone wishing to point out destinations, businesses and other organizations or individuals using tourism or tourism facilities to successfully respond to the pandemic challenge.
Some of the ways the tourism sector can help address challenges include:
- finding ways to maintain business to preserve the jobs of the local population or using available facilities so that neighbors can deal with Covid-19,
- decarbonisation of the travel and tourism sector,
- support for the protection of wild animals and the conservation of their habitats in the year when the tourist revenues intended for these activities - significantly reduced,
- building or maintaining "meaningful connections" through marketing guided by the idea of responsible tourism and through appropriate engagements on social media,
- raising funds to help people, and the protection of wildlife and heritage,
- development of domestic tourism - looking for examples of companies and destinations that have shifted to increased attraction of the local market, to the promotion of holidays closer to home and the like.
You can sign up HERE